Use regulations in the R-1 District are as follows with a minimum lot size of 8,000sqft for single-family dwelling:
Permitted principal uses or structures:
(1) Single-family dwellings.
(2) Churches or similar places of worship, parish houses, convents, rectories or parsonages.
(3) Public or private nonprofit, elementary or secondary schools accredited by the New York State Department of Education.
(4) Parks, playgrounds, athletic fields, marinas, game preserves and other similar uses (including usual accessory buildings).
(5) Any educational and/or charitable not-for-profit institute or corporation chartered or otherwise accredited by the University of the State of New York Education Department for the purpose of research, teaching or study of natural history, wildlife, ecology and related subject areas.
(6) Continuation of agricultural operations in existence at the time of the passage of this chapter, provided that no odor or dust-producing operations be conducted within 100 feet of any adjacent property line. New agricultural operations other than the cultivation of crops shall be prohibited as shall the housing of barn animals, including but not limited to cows, horses, pigs, goats, sheep, chickens, ostriches and other similar livestock.