R-1 Residential District - Single-Family:
In the R-1 Residential District, the following regulations shall apply:
A. Uses Permitted.
(1) Single-family detached dwellings.
(2) Churches or similar places of worship parish houses, convents.
(3) Public and private schools including colleges and institutions of
(4) Public parks, playgrounds and municipal recreation areas.
(5) Municipal buildings, public libraries and museums.
(6) Wastewater transmission and treatment facilities. [Ord. 2-2001]
(7) Electric and telephone public utility transmission and distribution
facilities including substations, water pumping stations and
(8) Home occupations and household pets.
(9) The tilling of the soil, the raising of crops, fruits and vegetables,
green-houses and nurseries.
(10) Signs when erected and maintained in accordance with the provisions
of Part 16 appearing herein entitled "Signs."
(11) Accessory buildings and uses customarily incidental to the above
B. Height Regulations.
(1) The height of a building shall be not greater than 35 feet.
(2) The height of a dwelling shall be not less than one story.
C. Area Regulations. The lot area per dwelling unit shall be not less than
9,000 square feet.
D. Width Regulations. For a dwelling the lot width at the building line shall
be not less than 60 feet on an interior lot and 78 feet on a corner lot.